LEARN MORE...ABOUT DRY PIPE SPRINKLERS
IS THE SYSTEM A NEW (TIGHT) SYSTEM OR AN OLD (LEAKY) SYSTEM?
- The Standard Duty line is designed for new, tight systems with minimal air leaks
- The Heavy Duty line is designed for longevity in new or old systems. Highly recommended in situations that require a compressor to be replaced.
WHAT IS THE SYSTEM CAPACITY?
Ex: 220 gallon system would require an S265 series compressor
WHAT TYPE OF POWER IS AVAILABLE?
- 1 Phase: 115v, 208 / 230v
- 3 Phase: 208 / 230v, 460v
HOW MUCH SPACE IS AVAILABLE?
Is there enough space for a tank mounted compressor?
TANK OR BASEPLATE?
Most customers select a horizontal tank mounted compressor due to the lower cost
WHICH PRESSURE SWITCH IS REQUIRED?
- A 70-100psi pressure switch is less expensive and most common
- In an application that does not have an Air Maintenance Device, a 30-40psi pressure switch is commonly used
IS A STARTER REQUIRED?
- All 3 Phase units require a starter, whether it is wall mounted or compressor mounted
- Single Phase units larger than 1000 gallons need a starter (may be wall mounted or compressor mounted)
- Single Phase units smaller than 1000 gallons do not need a starter
WOULD A PRE-WIRED POWER CORD BE HELPFUL?
Some customers prefer a pre-wired power cord to test the compressor with a wall outlet without having to wait for an electrician. After the test is complete, they cut the cord to ensure the unit is hard wired.